Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Free! Take what you want!

Mark's Peppers


Little Yellow Pepper


As my husband and I entered our church Sunday evening we saw a box at the information desk. On it was a sign, "Free, take what you want." It was not signed so several people who were in that area began to guess who the generous person was. Someone present said that they knew who it was and we all praised his thoughtfulness. What a nice gift! Well, there were not very many people there and the box was really full, so I have to admit I was thinking...........Oh, what beautiful subjects to paint! How can I decide on so few? Do I really take what I want, or should I think of others and take only a few and leave a lot.......I just have to tell you that they were a tempting lot....right there in church! So I did a very thoughtless thing and took several of the most beautiful, unusually shaped and brilliant peppers that I have ever seen.....and the variety of kinds were amazing. The shorten this long and tedious story, I will say that I painted two today and I plan on painting more. I think I might place my picture in the same place as that box, and place a sign on it, "Free, to the thoughtful one who brought the peppers."

1 comment:

  1. Not sure which I like better - the painting or the story. Maybe the story makes me like the painting even better.
    H

    ReplyDelete