Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Three Amigos"


I lived most of my life on a farm-ranch in Oklahoma. This experience gave me a great appreciation for the natural beauty and design of the outdoors and of farm animals. The patterns and natural earth tone colors of steers' coats became a fancy for me. The "Three Amigos" is a giclee print on canvas of three steers I have painted several times. I have painted cattle for several years and lately there has been a trend of appreciation for this kind of art. This pleases me. I'll post the story of these fellas someday.

2 comments:

  1. I love these boys! I guess they're wondering if you're going to give them some hay or grain or get out of their pasture.
    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love cows and these are so interesting and well done.

    ReplyDelete